Monday, November 23, 2009

Sick, Sick, SICK!

This is the beginning of the third week I've been sick.....I am SO tired of it!

It started as a flu....I dubbed it "whine" flu, because it made us whine a lot. lol I don't believe it was swine flu, and it's a good thing, too, because as hard a time as I've had getting over this, I don't know if I couldn've survived anything worse!

Both girls had it and were over it in a week.....I'm still coughing and so weak I can't do much more than stick a load of laundry in the washer and get back to the living room.

I cough so hard it makes my head hurt, my stomach hurts, and I believe I've pulled a muscle in my back....still not as bad as my MIL, though....she coughs so hard she breaks ribs regularly...fifty years of smoking will do that to you......

I had a good night's sleep last night, though...my first in two weeks, and I am SO thankful for it! I only woke up coughing about four times and was able to go back to sleep quickly and didn't cough too badly any of the times....things are looking up! : )

We kept my sister's kids yesterday while my mom went to her in-laws for Thanksgiving dinner. They were SO good....little angels! I think the younger squirrel was a little bit sick, she didn't seem like she felt well, and toward the end of the evening she fell asleep on Emma's lap. ; )

The other two watched movies/tv shows with Daddy and Anna, and later in the evening, watched while we skinned and butchered a deer. : ) Then they roasted marshmallows over a fire, and then Mom came back and picked them up.

And, I have to say a bit about *my* baby....Oscar was SO good while they were here! I was amazed...he didn't bark or growl or offer to bite even once! I think he was a bit jealous, and he pouted until we took him out for his long walk in the night, but he was a little angel himself. ; )

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Paige, we have the same thing. I'm almost 3 weeks into it also and it started with flu like symptoms and turned into bronchitis.

It's awful!
I called it the Oh F flu because boy did I say that a lot :)