Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Yesterday and Today...



One more thing I forgot yesterday, when they were being so sweet.




We watched Gone with the Wind. After Bonnie was born I suggested they turn the movie off since everyone was happy and it only gets unhappier and unhappier after that. Emma didn't really want to stop watching it, but I asked if she trusted me, and she said yes. She chose to watch it a little farther, then fast forward-ed it a bit more, then rewound it back to Bonnie's birth and turned it off and said, "That was a good movie." ; ) I thought that was sweet.





Today was "Dress up as your Favourite Book Character" day at the library after-school program. Anna was Laura Ingalls...in crocs. lol




Emma was Meg from Little Women. You can't tell from the picture, but her hair was really cute. I braided it and pulled the braid across the front, then put the back up in a bit of lace with flowers.

After the library we went to the grocery store. Imagine the looks. lol

Emma is working on a book she ruined today. Last night when she was helping me carry in the laundry she put two library books in the basket, then when they weren't in the basket when she got in the house she thought she must have left them in the van. When I went out to walk Oscar this morning they were in the driveway. And it rained last night. So she's putting paper between the pages to dry them out. I've already told the library, though, so we're paying for them and will get to keep them...if they dry out well. We now owe the library $20 for lost or damaged items. : ( We won't be able to afford to go to the library before long. ; )

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I paid $8.00 today in fines. Every time I have to do this, I remind myself we don't buy curriculum. Or I could say I'm making library donations, not paying fines! :)

Paige said...

I guess I could look at it as a donation...
It's hard, though, when I already buy so many discarded books from them I spend at least $10 a month anyway. lol They should give me a discount! ; )